Stop Serving Kids Lousy Food; Your Kids Demand Healthy Meals
Why do we parents seek out sustainable and organic food at home, then take our children to fast food restaurants where sourcing is, well, questionable at best? Who knows what’s really in nuggets and pressed fish sandwiches anyway? That’s why I did yet one more thing to make the kid’s meals he serves even better; we are now serving only organic chicken in our popular kid’s menu items: Hudson’s “Jump in Your Mouth” Chicken Strips, and Elliott’s All-Natural Grilled Chicken Breast.
Our kid’s meals have always been healthier than the average kid’s menu because we are committed to local, sustainable, chemical-free, additive-free, and organic when we can get it. But now they will be even better. We went to our supplier, family-owned Harvestland/Perdue, and asked for only organic chicken. We don’t scrimp when it comes to feeding our children at home; why would we do it at a restaurant? Heck, I even named the meals after my own grandchildren.
All of Duke’s Kids Menus choices are made with the same quality ingredients:
Meals: In addition to the two chicken meals, we also offer:
- Sophie’s Grilled Wild Alaska Salmon. Always sustainable and loaded with Omega 3s
- Elsa’s Alaska True Cod 1 Piece Fish & Chip made with 100% sustainable Alaskan Cod
- Paige’s Coconut “Hula” Prawns made with 100% Wild Mexican Pacific Prawns
- Lauren’s Linguini with alfredo sauce or homemade herb tomato sauce. Available with gluten-free pasta
- Hannah’s Grass Fed Jr. Burger made with the same grass-fed beef we import from Australia
Sides: Fresh and delicious
- The Dinghy size Clam Chowder is made with local cream, effervescent herbs and sea clams (and zero preservatives)
- Fresh, seasonal Vegetable, French fries and Sweet Potato fries are all chemical-free and 100% “real” food
Dessert: Add a scoop of locally-owned Lopez Island Creamery ice cream
- Lopez Island Creamery uses 100% natural ingredients with no high-fructose corn syrup and no soy lecithin
- Whole fruit sorbet and ice cream flavors are made from scratch
Drinks: Sorry kids, no Pepsi or Coke products made with high fructose corn syrup served at Duke’s
- Fresh-squeezed lemonade, strawberry lemonade and Blueberry lemonade, made by local favorite, Scotty’s Juice
- Pure cane sweetened soda from Rocky Mountain Soda Company
- Variety of juices or milk
Kids are treated like little Dutchess and Dukes at our restaurant. Every meal is kid tested by my grandchildren and if they don’t like it; I don’t serve it.